CHARLOTTE, NC – Headlines Barbershop donated $1128 to the Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina on Spratt St. The Barbershop held a fundraiser on September 15th at Reedy Creek Park. The event, dubbed “The Cookout with a Cause”, was full of family fun with lots of games, music, food and fun—all for free. Attendees were in the giving spirit as they participated in a silent auction, raffles and straight donations to raise money to benefit the Food Bank. Headlines Barbershop owner, Derrick Bennett said, “Its important for all of us to give—no matter how much. When we all work together, we can make a big impact.”
The Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina provides food to families in need in the greater Charlotte area. The food bank relies heavily upon donations to make up 88% of its annual budget. With this donation, Second Harvest can purchase nearly 8,000 pounds of food for the local Charlotte community.
Photo Credit: Ty Hamilton Photography
- • Ty Hamilton Photography was on hand and took awesome pictures at the event. Check him out at: www.tyhamiltonphotography.com or on FaceBook: FaceBook.com/TyHamiltonPhotography. You can view the full slide show here:http://tyhamiltonphotography.smugmug.com/Events/Headlines-Barbershop-cookout/
- • Catering by Bullock’s BBQ
- • DJ Big Bust was on the 1s and 2s for the event. Book him for your next event: email@example.com. Also, check him out on instagram/FaceBook: James Malloy.
- • Donations for the Silent auction were from Nordstrom, Food Lion and the Westin.
Big thanks for the following businesses for their donations and their commitment to the Charlotte community.
- • Geared Up Tees: http://www.geareduptees.com/
- • Charlotte Professional Computer Solutions:http://www.charlottepcs.com
- • LADAs Da’Salon: https://www.facebook.com/lada.dasalon
- • Nail Talk: https://www.styleseat.com/nailtalk
Special thanks to all of the individuals to attended the cookout and made this donation possible!