Headlines Barber Shop will host its 4th Annual Food Drive from July 19th – August 13th. The drive will benefit the Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina. The organization provides food to those in need in the greater Charlotte area.
Headlines Barber Shop, traditionally, holds their annual food drive during the summer since food bank donations are lower during that time. To date, the barber shop has collected over 38,000 pounds of food which equates to over 25,000 meals for Charlotte families in need. This year’s food drive is sponsored by local non-profit organization, Array of Brighter Beginnings.
Season Bennett and her husband, Derrick, own Headlines Barber Shop. Season was inspired to hold the first food drive because hunger is a cause that hit close to home. “Being raised by a single mother trying to make ends meet, we have benefitted from the resources offered by the local food bank.”
Continuing in that same tradition, this year’s food drive will be called #CharlotteBarbersCare with a goal of collecting 10,000 pounds of food. VH1’s Love and Hip Hop’s female rap group, BBOD will be attending a pep rally at Headlines Barber Shop on Friday, July 22nd at 10am-12 noon to help bring attention to this cause. The public is encouraged to attend and bring non-perishable goods to benefit the food bank.
Throughout the drive, the public is encouraged to share pictures on social media with the hashtag: #CharlotteBarbersCare.
In addition to Headlines Barber Shop (5309 E Independence Blvd), donations can also be made at the following barber shops:
- Against Da Grain: 1317 Pecan Avenue
- Bennett’s Barber Shop: 1530 Overland Park Ln, Suite 103
- Boston’s Finest Barber Lounge: 520 Collins Aikman Drive
- Clippers, LLC: 929 N Wendover Rd.
- Da Lucky Spot Barber Shop: 3720 N. Tryon St, Ste 102
- Fade Factory: 1920 Back Creek Drive, Suite A
- Five Star Barber Shop: 7808 S. Tryon
- Good 2 Go: 4602 Monroe Rd
- Greene’s Barber Shop: 3229 Rozzell’s Ferry Rd
- Headlines Barber Shop: 5309 E Independence Blvd
- Kut Masters: 9020 Albermarle Rd, Suite F
- Kut Masters: 9605 N. Tryon St, Suite U
- La Familia Barber Shop: 5600 Albemarle Road, Suite 1000
- La Porsha’s Barber Shop: 8825 E. W.T. Harris Blvd., Suite 117
- Lajohn’s Grooming: 8035 Providence Road
- Overton’s Barber Shop: 5430 N Tryon St, Suite 2
- Premier Grooming Lounge: 3716 D West W.T. Harris Blvd.
- ProStyle Salon & Barber Shop: 4016 D Wilkinson Boulevard
- Tapers Barber Shop: 6324 N Tryon, Suite 102
- The Ultimate Barber Lounge: 8925 J.M. Keynes Drive, Suite 2
- Universal Cuts, LLC: 2115 E Arbors Dr, Ste. 107
- Xclusive Kuts: 4541 The Plaza